About Investigative Inspection Services
Our qualifications speak for themselves – we are your experts for inspections, whether residential or business. Your property is a valuable investment. Protect it with a knowledgeable inspection.
See our full list of industry qualifications
Nationally recognized as an industry expert
Educator and speaker in inspection services
Our team at Investigative Inspection Services has more than 40 years of combined experience.
Stanley Yeskolski is an expert inspector of brick, stone, roofing, EIFS, and stucco exteriors, with vast experience in moisture intrusion causation inspections and mold sampling. Stanley is qualified in court as an expert in construction, EIFS, stucco, building inspection, mold contamination, and identification/ assessment of water damage.
Over the course of his career, Stanley has become a national-level industry leader. He wrote certification standards, assessment questions, professional education curriculum, and assessment/remediation protocols for numerous industry organizations. He is a certified professional with the Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industries, Exterior Design Institute, Moisture Warranty Corporation, Building Specs, Inc., Indoor Environmental Standards Organization, and American Indoor Air Quality Association.
In addition to his own work with inspections, Stanley teaches other professionals. He is a veteran instructor to inspectors and professionals from various fields since 2000. Stanley currently teaches construction practices, inspection methodology, use of moisture meters, EIFS risk assessment, moisture intrusion inspection, moisture risk assessment for insurance underwriting purposes, advanced roofing, and mold sampling/inspection protocols for national certification.
Stanley’s team at Investigative Inspection Services brings forty years of combined experience in building, construction, and inspection industries, focusing on inspection since 1998. He is a dedicated and accomplished professional who takes pride in serving with integrity and care.
Why Trust Our Team?
Our experience speaks for itself.
- Certified EIFS Inspector through Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industries (AWCI) #99217
- Certified EIFS Inspector through Exterior Design Institute (EDI) #VA-54
- Certified Building Envelope Level I and II Inspector through Exterior Design Institute (EDI) #VA-54
- Certified EIFS Inspector through Moisture Warranty Corporation
- Certified Roof Inspector for steep slope roofs through MoistureFree Warranty #8192
- Certified Instructor for Mold Sampling through Indoor Air Quality Association
- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant, accredited by the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) through American Council for Accredited Certification #0703041 (includes the Certified Indoor Environmentalist #02306)
- Certified Microbial Consultant, accredited by the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) through American Council for Accredited Certification #0704044 (includes the Certified Residential Mold Inspector)
- FEMA Disaster Housing Inspector ID #14102
- Lead Inspector Technician / Risk Assessor Certificate #03-31070
- Maryland Lead Paint Training IT/RA card #46620
- EPA Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting Course Certificate #007189
- Dryvit Class Action Settlement Certification
- Certified Home Inspector through Building Specs, Inc. #61998-4
- Contractor’s License #2705086132
- Licensed Virginia Real Estate Broker #017784
- Arbitrator through International Building Envelope Arbitration Council (IBEAC)
Professional Association Memberships
- National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS)
- Building Environment & Thermal Envelope Council (BETEC)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- Consensus Board of Indoor Environmental Standards Organization (IESO)
- International Building Envelope Arbitration Council (IBEAC)
Building Specs, Inc. (Instructor)
- Inspection Methodology
- Using Moisture Meters
- EIFS Risk Assessment
- EIFS Moisture Intrusion
- Stucco Systems Risk Assessment
- Moisture Intrusion Inspections
- Advanced Roofing
Indoor Environmental Standards Organization (Writer & Instructor)
- Contributing writer for the national standards for IESO on inspecting structures for moisture and mold.
- Developed the outline for the inspector certification course through IESO.
- Created and taught the 8-hour prerequisite moisture intrusion course for IESO and the Certified Residential Mold Inspector course from 2002 to 2007.
- Served on the IESO Consensus Board of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for reviewing and approving standards from 2007 to 2015.
The Association of the Wall & Ceiling Industry (Writer & Instructor)
- Wrote test questions and developed certification standards for the certification exam for EIFS applicators and EIFS inspectors at the request of the AWCI.
- Participated in the creation of test questions and determining the passing scores for the certification exam for EIFS applicators and EIFS inspectors.
Indoor Air Quality Association (Curriculum Development)
- Served on the IAQA Education Subcommittee developing the core skills and education requirements for Council-certified Residential Mold Inspector, Microbial Investigator, and Microbial Consultant.
- Serve on Legislative Updates Subcommittee to monitor and influence industry-related legislation.
National and Regional Industry Conferences (Speaker)
- National Institute of Building Sciences
- Green Building Initiative
- National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Indoor Environmental Standards Organization
- Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- Exterior Design Institute
Dryvit Class-Action Lawsuit (Consultant)
- Participated in the assessment of the scope of repairs proposed in the Dryvit class-action lawsuit settlement for Dryvit prior to court approval.
Tidewater Community College HVAC Advisory Committee (Curriculum Development)
- Served on the DACUM committee developing and writing the new degree for the HVAC/R Technician
- Serve on the TCC HVAC Advisory Committee.
Additional Speaking Experience
- Lorman Education Seminars
- Speaker on evaluating insurance risk assessments for regional managers of the insurance adjusters for Chubb Insurance Company.
- Speaker on numerous occasions on EIFS issues and problems and moisture management in the building envelop at public forums, property management groups, and condominium associations.
Expert Witness and Trial Experience
Qualified as an expert witness in federal court, West Virginia, and Virginia.
Two decades’ experience with depositions and trials.
Investigative Inspection Services was designated by Building Specs, Inc., of Stevensville, MD, a national home inspection and training company, as the company to handle their EIFS inspections. They have also hired us to develop and teach mold inspection and sampling, EIFS inspections, and other specialty or advanced sections of home inspector training courses. Stanley has been teaching for Building Specs, Inc., since September of 1999.
Recently, Stanley worked at Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base on the hurricane Florence disaster recovery team in the position of a Senior Industrial Hygienist on a contract for NAVFAC under ECC and Meadows CMPG, Inc.
Professional Association Memberships
Industry Leadership Memberships
For further information or consulation on any aspect of inspection work, please call or fill in the contact form below.
We are based in Virginia Beach, Virginia, but we provide services throughout the east coast and travel for projects.
804 Aqueduct Court
Virginia Beach, VA 23464